Monday, May 12, 2014

Butter Ranch Pretzels



Two of my favorite things: BUTTER & RANCH!  These pretzels are the ultimate "I am too lazy to make anything else" party snack.  There is NO BAKING involved!  I am going to go ahead and warn everyone now that these pretzels are far from healthy.  Minus the unhealthy stigma, these pretzels are always a hit and are super addictive.  Great for a quick snack, poker party, pinterest party, etc.  My dear friend Liz gave me the recipe to these gems back in our "party days", her relatives have been making them for ages, and you will find out why.  I love these pretzels with an ice cold brew, yum!  The ingredients below are what I use for when I bring them to a party with 15 people or more.  For instance, I made this batch for our friend's BBQ birthday party and they were devoured during an intense game of Cards Against Humanity, so much fun!  I was in a hurry while getting ready for the party, so my pictures are limited, but the recipe & process are pretty straight forward.

Gather your ingredients:
*Pretzel Twists (Qty 2 - 1 pound bags) - Any brand will do, but I always seem to gravitate towards Rold Gold
*Popcorn Oil (1 container/bottle) - You will find this in the chip aisle by the popcorn, usually hidden on a super low or super high shelf, the only brand that I have been able to find is Orville Redenbacher
*Powdered Ranch Dressing Mix (Qty 2 packets) - I always get the Hidden Valley brand, you can find this in the salad dressing aisle.  Make sure you get "Ranch Dressing Mix" NOT dip mix, it will not taste right if you make this simple mistake.
**Additional Optional Ingredients - You can add chex cereal, peanuts, sesame sticks, or anything else you'd like to the mixture**


Get to mixin'!
1.  Using two large mixing bowls, pour each bag of pretzels into it's own mixing bowl.  
NOTE: KEEP THE BAGS, DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY
2.  Sprinkle one packet of the powdered ranch dressing mix over each bowl of pretzels.
3.  Pour half of the popcorn oil over each of the bowls of powdered pretzels.
4.  Mix the ingredients well.
5.  Important part!  Continue to mix the ingredients on 15 minute intervals for at least an hour.  For example, after the initial mixing, wait 15 minutes, mix again, wait 15 minutes, mix again, wait 15 minutes, mix again... and so on.  This is important because the pretzels will slowly absorb the oil/powder mixture, while they sit some of the mixture will gather at the bottom of the bowl, so during the next round of mixing the oil/powder mixture from the bottom of the bowl continues to coat the pretzels with its' buttery ranch deliciousness :)
6. If you are not planning on serving the pretzels immediately, simply transfer them back into the bags you saved from the beginning and seal with a chip clip until your ready to serve!  They will stay good for up to two weeks if properly sealed and stored.

I dare you to try to eat just one!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment